Saturday, November 26, 2011

Petit Mocha Cheesecakes


IMAG0565

When I first saw the recipe, I was like “Why Not?” I always want to try something with coffee and I still have those crumbs of cookies left from baking a blueberry cheesecake before. To make it better, it is a petit cake. It means that I can use my leftover muffins cups too (I’ve got tonnes of them u___u;).

So here is the original recipe:
Ingredient
(Crumb Crust)
  1. Stir together 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine in a small bowl or until well combined.
(Cheesecake)
1 package (18 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
2 tbs all purpose flour
1 tbs powdered instant coffee
1 tsp hot water
  1. Heat oven to 375F. Line small muffin cup (1 3/4 inches in diameter) with paper baking cups.
  2. Place 1 slightly heaping teaspoon crumb mixture into each cup; press lightly. Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; beat well. Add cocoa and flour;  beat well. Dissolve coffee in water, add to chocolate mixture. Place about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into each cup.
  3. Bake until 15 to 18 minutes or until just set. Cool completely in pan or wire rack. Drizzle with chocolate glaze if desired. Refrigerate until cold about two hours. Cover, refrigerate left over cheesecake.
(Chocolate Glaze)
  1. Combine 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips or Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 2 tablespoons whipping cream in small saucepan.
  2. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Use immediately.
Source: Hershey’s Incredible Easy Recipes

So, as usual, my final product does not look as good as the picture above xD

IMAG0564

I know, it looks freaking ugly but I think it’s taste just fine. My mum and my lil sis loves it, though I think it was a bit bitter u_u;; My sis even ask if she can bring it to school lol.

So, first thing first. I DO NOT used Graham Cookies for my base. The biscuit crumbs that I had leftover is Oreo so I used those instead. Oreo base for a Mocha Cheesecake was not too bad huh? Since I was using Oreo Cookie crumbs as the base, I omitted the powdered sugar because Oreo is sweet by itself. But that of course resulted in a too chocolate-y dessert. You can only eat it once before you get a bit too ‘muak’ haha xD I think maybe I should try a crunchier base next time, a tart base perhaps or maybe something  that would add a bit of freshness to the cake so that it doesn’t taste to~ ermm full?  

The Oreos Cookie Crumbs

The recipe should makes about 42 cheesecakes in total but since I used a large muffin cups, I only got about 12 cheesecakes. They should really be covered when you kept it in the fridge because it will get hard if you did not. I’ve learn that lesson with the modified version of this recipe that I’ve done recently.
What interesting with this recipe is the flavor of the cake is really different when you use different kinds of instant coffee. For this one, I was using a Mix Instant Coffee Cap Tupai. For the one that I’ve just made recently, I used a Nescafe brand Instant Coffee and the flavor is really stronger compared to the Tupai brand. So, you guys should have fun with the different brand of coffee xD See which one suit to your taste better.

I did not made the glaze. Okay, I lied. I did made one but with my own recipe. Milk with chocolate. I made a mistake of putting it in the refrigerator and it got freaking hard u_u I want to put it in the refrigerator only for a minute or two but forgot all bout it for about 15 min (or is it 30 min?) haha xD  I know, stupid mistakeSmile with tongue out

As usual, I did not use Hershey’s cocoa at all. I substitute it with normal cocoa and instead of vanilla extract, I used vanilla powder. I guess that is all I had to say for today. Have fun trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment